To discover one day, one group of people, one hundred and fifty nine years ago, to make it real, I have a basement apartment in the Ohio heartland with 26 library books from around the country, a dropbox folder stuffed with internet ebooks and academic journals, and a weary brain. I have discovered American actors, Johnny Appleseed of American theater, an actress Antipodean, a passionate actor-gunslinger to his death, New York, Philadelphia and Boston stage royalty, renamed Irish immigrants with hope, hustlers of the past who have moved us forward, believing in dreams, congregating in a mother lode town, a little place of angels, over a hundred miles from the San Francisco Bay, ready to put on Hamlet. The curtain rises only by the power of historical preservation, libraries, the wonder of wires and glorious imagination–however it all works!
Think Create Share Grow
- RT @evabin: My partner just showed me Julie Taymor's stunning adaptation of William Shakespeare's "The Tempest," which starred Helen Mirren… 5 hours ago
- @jmeacham @GeorgeHWBush Amazing 13 hours ago
- @washingtonpost They are all public servants. They work for the American citizens....like police and teachers and fire fighters 1 day ago
- RT @washingtonpost: Perspective: The White House is increasingly — and worryingly — using the military as a shield against criticism https:… 1 day ago
- RT @samstein: Omar Navarro lost by 50 pts to Maxine Watters in 16. Now, Cain, Stone, Alex Jones and Arpaio are backing his 2nd bid https://… 1 day ago